Thursday, January 31, 2019

This post is going to be short. There's nothing wrong, but nothing really happened. Bill was awake when I got there and in a good mood. He said he slept OK and felt good. Shortly after he was given his morning meds, therapy arrived and he sat and stood and then was moved to his chair. He didn't stand as long as he had before, but he is building stamina.

He sat in the chair for 4 hours, which is 2 hours longer than required, and wanted to stay in the chair, but he needed to change his pressure points. When they put him back to bed, his nurse looked at his bottom, under the pad that is on for protection, and he's getting really red and angry looking. It has not broken down to a bedsore...yet, and she said she can tell that he prefers to be on his back and not his side. They put him on his side and he was not happy. And somehow, he manages to wiggle around until he's almost back on his back again. It wouldn't surprise me if the wound nurse doesn't come and take a peek at him tomorrow.

And, that's all that happened. We did talk some more about him going home and why he can't now. He told me he was sorry that I had to sit there every day and I told him I was making great progress on the afghan I'm knitting for Kayden and besides, it's my job to be there. When I was leaving I told him as I usually do not to have any wild parties with dancing girls, and he said "No fun". But, he was not upset that I was leaving so hopefully he'll do alright tonight.

Oh yes, infectious disease thinks now that he has developed into a carrier for a particular bacteria since it was a little resistant the last time to the antibiotics and the secretions have thickened and changed color. They are waiting on results of the cultures from the bronch and may need to put him back on antibiotics. And that's it for drs. for today. Nurses from the different areas came in, but no doctors.

As I said, a pretty slow day. We'll see what happens tomorrow. It's warming up here and I hope it is where it has been so cold. The news said this morning that by Monday it could be back to...wait for it...70! Just what we need! I'll let you know how tomorrow goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment