Sunday, January 20, 2019

The cats let me sleep until nearly 5 this morning! That 30 minutes actually made a big difference. By 6:15 I had started my car and brushed the loose snow off and then came in for more coffee and some hot cereal. Then restarted the car and got my stuff ready and finished clearing off the car. I was on the road by a few minutes after 6:30 and the only bad place was the on ramp to the interstate. But, the wind was still a little high so overpasses were still a little tricky.

Bill was awake when I got there and his nurse said the night was pretty wild. He did tell me he had been bad. There were a couple of magazines and a Readers' Digest on his table, but not his puzzle book and pen. I also couldn't find the eraser for his white board. I did find the pen later, stuffed into his tissue box, along with a washcloth! Laura said she had seen the eraser and we think the puzzle book got swept up with bedding or something. No big deal!

Laura told me that he got very agitated almost as soon as I left yesterday. But, he was really agitated most of the day with his obsessions. She gave him a Xanax about 3 and then his night meds at 5:15. She's thinking this may just be a developing pattern with him. I wish Dr. Edwards didn't round so late because I never get to talk to him.

Bill was docile today and shortly after I got there he was put into his chair. Usually he starts griping and wanting to go back to bed after the first 30 minutes, but today he sat in it for 6 hours! He only got back into bed because they came in and said he had to go back to bed. He probably didn't gripe much because he slept most of the day. I also think he was dreaming of his military time because he wrote something about being overseas.

He told me that he would behave and sleep tonight, but since he slept all day, I don't know.

The vent was set on 8 today and where my chair was placed I could see the monitor for his sats and heart rate. The only time his sats dropped were when he was coughing, or shifting in the chair. He did a good job of helping when they were getting him into bed, rolling when they told him to, etc.

So, even though being in the chair that long is a major accomplishment, nothing much happened. It will be interesting to see what goes on with the new week starting tomorrow. I'm sure he'll get back in his chair and I wish they would use the stander to get him there instead of the sling. Or, they at least need to do something with his legs.

I think a podiatrist has agreed to come and bill it as an outpatient visit. It isn't covered by insurance and will be $100, and he said it would be the same at the hospital or if he was at the office. I said I will give him cash, write him a check, give him a credit card, whatever he wants, his feet need attended to. So, tomorrow we'll try to get that set up.

I hope the sound I just heard was the cats under the house! It was just a clang so I'm thinking they hit a pipe. All of those boys under there get a little rowdy at times. And, it is so cold I'm sure they're trying to get as far under as they can. 

So, there you have it. I'm about ready to call it a day and head for the bed. I think both of the cats are about ready too. They've each had a little lap time so maybe they are both ready to settle in for the night. I know I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment