Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Back in the room. Everything went fine and the old tube has been removed. He now looks more like himself. The wound vac has been attached and will stay attached and working until the wound is healed or the drs determine that it can be removed.

The new tube is working well and he has had his morning meds. He hasn't gotten any "food" yet but I'm sure they will start before long since it's been nearly 36 hours without nutrition.

He's still in and out and says he has some pain but doesn't want any pain meds yet. So, we'll just keep an eye on him.

I think that he believes that I've followed through on a threat to get all male nurses. Monday and Tuesday his day nurse was Alan and his night nurse was Corey. Today his nurse is Jim! I like all of them and Jim had been his nurse with the LVAD. He said he was very particular with dressing changes and would be picky when I did it. After it was done I asked him how I did and he gave me an A.

Dr. Yip has tried to come in twice this morning. The first time Bill was gone and the 2nd time the wound nurse had just started to remove the dressing to start the vac. But since there are so many transplant patients here right now he'll be on the floor for awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment