Friday, June 15, 2012

Had to go back to the center last night. Bill rolled out of bed and bumped his nose. He was OK and his wound vac and feeding tube were intact. He was very confused and upset so I told them I would come back and try to calm him down.

He basically just wanted to leave the room. He's tired of being in bed and everyone is poking and prodding and moving him here and there. He was also confused mentally some and talking about computers. Some of this is still the effects of the anesthesia and I'm starting to believe that some of it is his medication. I have printouts of all of his meds with side effects so I'm going to read through those again today.

I stayed until he went to sleep and hopefully he stayed asleep for awhile. I wasn't called again so he must have stayed in bed. I was impressed that I was called within an hour of it happening. In that time they had assessed him and treated his nose. It did not bleed, was just a little swollen, and what they thought was an injury may have been a little scratch that was already there.

So, a short night again and got up early to do my bookwork that I didn't do last night. And so it goes...Don and Shirley will be here Monday so maybe I'll force myself to take some time off. But, when your heart is someone else, it sometimes does more harm than good. We'll just see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment