Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Finally got him for surgery about 4:30 and took him from pre-op about 30 minutes ago. They told me that it would take about 30 minutes to get him ready and then about an hour for the surgery and another 30 minutes after, so it's going to be a long evening.

Dr. Agnew explained the procedure and they are going to clean the area out, and then take part of the muscle that runs along the thigh loose from the pelvis and move a flap of it over the veins and artery. That way they are covered and the wound vac can be used. This is a device that is attached and, I think with air sucks the wound closed. He said it cuts healing time by 1/3 to 1/2.

When I was answering questions for the anesthesist he asked if I was a nurse! I told him we've just been here a long time and I listen to the drs and nurses discuss things. After all, it pertains to the most important person in my life. Besides, I'm nosy! He and the nurses also commented that I was very calm. I told them there wasn't anything to be upset about, just to go with it. It doesn't mean I'm not concerned or worried...I'm a wife, that's my job!

Anyway, when I know anything more I'll update again. Keep the prayers going this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment