Tuesday, June 26, 2012

What's that old song "How high's the water, Daddy"? Supposed to get 4-8 inches in the next couple of hours, not days, hours! I came home as soon as I heard that. Didn't have any problems but my little patio is starting to show some water coming in, and not just from the splashback.

We both slept well last night. I went to bed a little after 8 and slept until almost 6. Bill got his sleeping pill last night and was still asleep when I got there at 8:30 but woke up soon after I arrived. He stayed up and in his chair all day and made great strides in therapy. He "walked" his chair everywhere today instead of me pushing him. We just didn't put his footrests on so he pedaled! He also walked a complete circuit in physical therapy and Michelle, his therapist, said that he can walk with the walker as long as someone is with him. He also did well in OT and speech. They really worked him over with swallowing this morning and will do more tomorrow. His swallow test is Thursday and hopefully he will do well enough to start getting some "real" food. He's getting really tired of not being able to eat.

We got the results of his biopsy and again it was 0 meaning no rejection. Dr. Yip also decided to lower his prednisone dose now instead of waiting until next month. Hopefully that will help with the mood swings since that is a major side effect. Some people become compulsive shoppers, some get mean, others like Bill go back and forth, fine 1 minute and confused the next. Of course the stroke doesn't help matters. He still doesn't believe that he got his heart and that the LVAD is gone. I told him that I gave all of his equipment back to Mayo and he said that we could probably borrow it when he gets home if he needed it.

Tomorrow morning should be interesting for both of us. I have an appointment to have my eyes checked so that I can renew my drivers license by mail. It's in the morning so I told Bill I wouldn't be there in the morning. I also let all the therapists know. So, it will be interesting to see if he can manage to call for help to get dressed (although I've been making him do it even when I'm there). It will also be interesting to see if I can make myself stay home instead of running out there for a few minutes before heading to the dr. I'm sure he'll be fine, especially if Lisa is his CNA in the morning. She'll have him up and dressed in no time at all. It will be me with the problem!

Time to look for the waders! I'll let you know how tomorrow goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment