Monday, June 18, 2012

Bill had a super fantastic day today! He was very alert and awake when I got there and had pushed his call button because he needed to use the bathroom! And he informed Lisa our CNA that he wanted to walk to the bathroom so she got the walker and got him up and he walked to the bathroom! As he was finishing up and getting dressed, Linda the therapist came in and took over and got him in his wheelchair and rolled up to the sink where he washed his face and brushed his gums. Still not putting his teeth in because of the yeast infection, but it's a start! He then went off to therapy and worked hard for 1 1/2 hours, both physical and occupational. They were very surprised at the change between today and Friday.

After he finished we went outside for a little and after coming in speech pathology came in and worked with him for 40 minutes. He did really well then too and they are going to work on swallowing tomorrow. He wants to have something to eat or drink so badly.

After lunch we sat outside most of the afternoon waiting for Don and Shirley to get here. He was very excited to see them. After they left to head to the condo he got settled in bed with his "food" hooked back up. But...praise the Lord...he got his medicine on time and delivered in the correct manner! I was so excited I could hardly contain myself! And I didn't even have to say anything! He also got his wound dressing repacked this morning before I got there and I was surprised that he was so perky!

He keeps talking about working hard to get out of here and I know he's going to prove everyone wrong and do it! He's truly a miracle and God proves it to me every single day. Tonight I can go to bed with a lighter heart and maybe sleep past 4 am!

No comments:

Post a Comment