Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Bill had a good day and finally made it to the machine he had been wanting to work on. His O2 level dropped at 1 point so he was stopped, but he managed to complete all of his therapy. His dressing was also changed on his wound and all of the dressings around his trach site were removed with only a small bandage over it now. He also got his medications early tonight!

I had an absolutely wonderful day with Phillis and Jalena at the beach. It was a lovely day with a brisk breeze and lots of big waves coming in. We walked to Joe's Crab Shack for lunch, and no, I did not eat seafood. I had ribs. Then in was back to the beach. Phillis and I are now looking like the lobster she had for lunch, but if was so nice to just relax.

Bill wanted me to call him late in the afternoon so we talked and then stopped by for about an hour on the way home. Don and Shirley left about 5 and we got there shortly after that. I think he enjoyed the visit with the girls. We got back to their hotel and picked up my car and we are all turning in early. Don and Shirley went out to eat and to the beach, I think. They weren't home when I got home and still haven't come in.

I've put Bill's laundry in and doctored my legs and I'm still so full from lunch that I really don't want anything to eat tonight. Maybe a cold meatloaf sandwich in a little bit.

Tomorrow is our case meeting and Phillis and Jalena are leaving, which will be sad. But I think we all feel better, me because they cared enough to come and them seeing that I'm doing OK and that Bill's doing as good as can be. I'm going to miss them. Don and Shirley may also leave tomorrow instead of Friday. There's supposed to be some weather coming in and if it's going to be bad for driving Friday they are going to leave early

All for tonight. Hopefully the meeting tomorrow will be productive and not too contentious. Things seem to be smoothing out now and I hope that will continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment