Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Well, let's just say I may have spoken a little too soon about the new place. Already a major medicine mix-up with an anti-rejection med. I'm going to clarify that with Stephanie tomorrow for his biopsy. I know he didn't get a bath today except for washing his privates after the wound vac was attached. And coming home I got to thinking that he may not have been check for any bowel movements all day. I ran out for a little this afternoon while he was sleeping so I'm not sure. But I know that while I was there he was not checked.

He was in a great mood today and cracking jokes with me. When the speech pathologist asked him what his wife's name was, he countered with "which wife". But he did tell her my name after a while. He didn't do much therapy because they wanted to walk him right after they did the wound vac which is very painful and requires pre-medication with Percocet. So he was pretty loopy.

All for tonight. Even after sleeping in today I'm tired and have to be there by 7 to get him on the shuttle by 7:15 for check-in at 7:30. I'm going to be there earlier than that 'cause I have a feeling they are just going to send him in the same clothes he has on. I don't think they are used to patients who are almost totally helpless. We'll see in the morning, I'll try to give them the benefit of the doubt in getting into a new routine with a new patient.

No comments:

Post a Comment