Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Good Morning Everyone! It was a short night, I'll blame my sister for keeping me on the phone. (And since she's way far away from me I can). I know, I know, payback.....Anyway, I enjoyed the conversation and got the information I knew only she would have but got to bed later than usual.

Bill had an uneventful night. After his escapade from the night before of getting out of bed, the hospital brought in a sitter. Florida law restricts hospitals from putting all 4 bed rails up. They consider that a form of restraint. So, the only other alternative was to have someone in the room with him all the time. Tiffany was really nice and she said he didn't try anything.

I think he's still rather groggy from the procedure yesterday, and he's had a mega dose of Tylenol. The wound has been checked by the surgeons and the wound vac will probably be connected today. He said it will take about a week it to heal, but that is compared to months before they technology was available.

He's still NPO so I think that the NG tube will be done today. Dr. Yip hasn't been in yet to make the final decision. It is scheduled but can always be cancelled. This will allow the tube to come out of his nose and since that is 1 less thing in his throat it will make it easier for him to start swallowing and eating and talking.

With everything planned for him today, the wound vac and the tube placement, I don't know how much therapy will get accomplished. Dr. Yip thought that he might get set back by a day, which could be why he wants to get the tube today so that all of the procedure recovery happens at once.

I think I've gotten this up to date. I was too tired last night to even take the computer out of the case. But, I slept well to the sound of rain dripping off the palm tree outside the bedroom window. I also packed up the LVAD equipment and brought it in. I haven't packed the supplies yet, too tired for that, but at least got the gear in the car. I'll get a wheelchair later and take it to the transplant floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment