Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Very long day today. Have only been home about 20 minutes and I'm wolfing down some dinner. Bill finally got moved about 6 this evening. The facility is nice and the nurses so far were great. He's totally exhausted so they decided to put off re-attaching the wound vac until in the morning.

I've got to gather him some clothes and take some personal items for him. I'm taking his radio and his 2 favorite blankets. The one thing I'm not so keen on is his bed. None of their beds have rails. It does have an alarm and they lowered it to almost on the ground and put padding down so that if he tries to get up the alarm will sound when he sits up and if he should manage to get out, he hopefully will fall onto the pads.

It was an emotional day for me saying good-bye to the nurses and techs. They were all so wonderful and took such good care of Bill it was hard to say good-bye. But, we will go back to see them when he can walk down the halls with them.

It's going to seem very strange not to get up at 5:30 in the morning. I asked what time I should be there for them to do the dressing and she said 10! I don't think I will wait that late because Bill is still a little overwhelmed and mentioned that he can't control anything. But, I think I'm not going to set the alarm for the first time since May 2. He's also a little disoriented so I don't want to wait too late to go, but I'm going to try to sleep in a little and then get his clothes packed. He's also going to be evaluated by the nutritionist and therapists and see a podatrist at some point to get his toenails taken care of.

So, sorry this is so late. I didn't take the computer today since it was just one more thing to haul around. I'm calling it a night after a couple of phone calls. I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment