Wednesday, June 27, 2012

I didn't float away during the night and the water did not invade the condo! And, we finally saw the sun for a little while today. Now we're supposed to get the hot weather most of the country has been having.

I stayed home until it was time for my dr appointment and even took myself out to lunch before I went to see Bill. He wasn't in his room, or in the therapy room! But, we found him with his physical therapist, was just in a different hallway.

He had a decent day, got all of his therapies in. They almost got his dressing change done but the company sent the wrong size canister for the vacuum, so they had to do a different dressing until the right canister came in. It came just as I was leaving but I don't know if they changed it tonight or will do it in the morning.

Tomorrow is the big day for the swallow test. I'm praying that he does well. He will be so disappointed if he can't start having some food. So, extra prayers for a good outcome, please!

I don't know if I said anything the other day, but Bill signed all of his paperwork the day of the biopsy! First time since May 2 when he signed the consent forms for the transplant. The last time he tried to write it was illegible. He wasn't really happy with the way it looked, but it looked pretty normal to me. So that's a big step with eye/hand coordination and fine motor skills.

I put his splint on before I left but who knows how long he will leave it on! It keeps his left hand open and he says that it hurts, but since the hand has been clenched for so long it hurts whenever he opens it. Linda, the OT therapist told me that she had him put pegs in a board and then use a gripper to pull them out. And she had him use his left hand. He wanted to use the right one since he's right handed but she was surprised at how well he did. Said he had no trouble at all doing it.

All for tonight. I've noticed that I can be just fine and then all of a sudden I'm exhausted and can hardly keep my eyes open. That's the position I'm in now, so goodnight everyone. I'll let you know how the test goes tomorrow afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment