Monday, June 11, 2012

Really tired tonight. It was an emotionally draining day. It broke my heart to see Bill crying today, but we worked through things. I think he's going to go through a lot more of that. But, he's still talking up a storm and surprised his speech pathologist since she had never really heard his voice!

The Foley has been placed again and we're all hoping that the nerves will start working again at some point and it can be removed.

The nurses have named him favorite patient and they are all pulling for him. Even other patients families come to the door to watch him walk and encourage him. When our nurse from today got relieved she came in to tell us good-bye because she is off tomorrow. It's going to be a hard day for me tomorrow, telling the staff good-bye. All of them are so wonderful and have taken such good care of him for so long, it's like losing a member of the family. I told them that he's going to come back and dance down the halls with all of them!

Hopefully we will get moved tomorrow with no problems. I haven't heard anything from the case manager since early this morning. I know that his specialty meds have been ordered and will be sent to me because the Healthcare Center may not be able to get them.

I'm really tired now so heading off to bed. I'll let you know how tomorrow goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment