Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Late post tonight and you can blame Phillis and Jalena who came all the way from Arkansas to surprise me! I was so happy to see them and tomorrow we're going to the beach! Phillis finally told me last night that they were coming and when I went to the support group meeting our social worker Jennifer prescribed a day at the beach...so tomorrow I'm taking the day off and going to the beach. Who knows what else we will do! I'm so glad that Don and Shirley are here to stay with Bill. I told him I probably wouldn't see him tomorrow and he was ok with it, at least for the time being.

His day wasn't as good as yesterday. He wasn't as focused and alert until later in the afternoon. He's getting somewhat depressed because he can't eat or drink anything yet. But, the speech pathologists don't think that his swallow is strong enough so that he won't choke or let things slide into his lungs. He has lots of exercises to do, if he will do them. So far he won't with me, maybe Shirley tomorrow.

He did work, grudgingly, in physical and occupational therapy and then spent a lot of time outside. The weather has been great the last few days, not too hot with a nice breeze most of the time.

Hopefully he'll have a good day tomorrow. It's also dressing change day which makes it painful for him. He got his meds on time again tonight so maybe Mayo called and told them the importance of getting them right. I stopped in to see the nurses on the cardiac floor after the support group meeting and asked them for pointers but didn't really get anything that we hadn't already tried. They were all wanting to know how he was doing and are looking forward to seeing him walk back in.

I don't know what tomorrow's post will be like since I'll probably get it second-hand, unless Phillis and Jalena want to see him tomorrow and then we may pop in for a short visit. We shall see what happens. It's gonna be strange not getting up and out of the house early. Hopefully I'll survive!

No comments:

Post a Comment