Sunday, June 10, 2012

Bill's had a busy morning and it's not finished yet. He has had his feeding tube replaced and is back in the room. We're waiting on the lung dr to come back. He's going to reduce the size of the trach! That's a major accomplishment! We found out that the balloon that inflates at the end of the feeding tube to hold it in the stomach deflated. That's why he didn't feel any pain when it came out, but did feel pain earlier in the day when it was working out.

When I got here he started talking up a storm and told me he wanted some soup. He said he had a terrible night because of all the military stuff! I know they were in a lot suctioning him so maybe that's what he meant. When he got back from have the tube put back he wanted to know if we could go out for breakfast. He wants to go to the Waffle House and get scrambled eggs with cheese, sausage and a waffle. I told him that as soon as he could do that we would go.

I'm feeling better about my decision for placement and I told Dr. Hosenpud that it's more for my peace of mind that he go to the acute care hospital until the wound vac is gone. And, the aide that sat with him last night said that she did her clinicals there and that it was a good place for him.

As soon as the trach is done I'll update this again. So far so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment