Saturday, March 28, 2020

Bill said he had a decent night and got some sleep. He was awake when I got there and the first thing he did was reach for my head and face, not just a finger or two, but his whole hand.

He's already had his bath and meds and is watching TV. He's interacted with everyone who has come in, even if it's to cut his eyes away.

His nurse, Austin, took the time, against the rules, to trim a few of his toenails. There were a couple that were just about to cut into the other toes. He also really looked at his left arm. Bill had been complaining that it hurt and it had been swollen and angry looking. It doesn't seem to be as sore today. Austin was mashing on it around his midline site pretty good and Bill didn't flinch. He's still draining a lot of blood, and they are still running the irrigation through. I've only seen one nurse practitioner and she's with cardiology. I don't know if the urologist will come by or not. He, like Dr. Edwards, is rather elusive.

This morning I was questioned when I got to the hospital and had to tell them what floor I was going to and what room. Then they called the unit to see if he could have visitors. It didn't take too long and it didn't bother me that it was done. I'm just surprised that it took them this long.

That's it for this update. I realize it's a short one, but since I left shortly after I posted the last one yesterday, I don't have a lot to relate. So, at some point today, or tonight, there will be another post about the rest of the day.

Enjoy your Saturday. I know some of you are supposed to get some strong storms, so stay safe. We are supposed to get some of the storms, but we are on the weaker side. Of course they are supposed to come about the time I would be leaving. But, I have my rain gear and I was able to park close to the front door, so I should be fine, if a little wet.


No comments:

Post a Comment