Monday, March 9, 2020

I was totally shocked when the alarm went off this morning! I went to bed a little before 10 and went right to sleep. I got up a little before midnight to go to the bathroom and then I don't remember anything until the alarm went off! I never sleep like that and haven't for probably 20 years, even waking up when I roll over. I must have really been tired and not realize it.

Bill was a little agitated when I got there this morning and I had a hard time calming him down. The breathing treatments were started again and after he had it, the tech, one we hadn't seen before, said she was going to do his chest percussions. I thought she was just going to turn the bed on, but she did it the old-fashioned way with a hard rubber cup that looked like an oxygen mask. All I could think of was our agreement that he wouldn't have any chest compressions if his heart stopped! She was using a little force but not a lot so I don't he'll be any worse for the wear. When she finished, she suctioned a ton of stuff out and he immediately went to sleep. He was out of inner cannula replacements, so she had to order some. When it came up, she changed everything and then he slept peacefully for a bit.

He did complain that his lower back was hurting. They tried moving him and tried setting the bed for it to randomly inflate and deflate. Unfortunately, it deflated and left him sitting in a hole. Finally got him out of it and he asked for something for pain, so he got a shot of dilaudid.

I ended up having to leave early to take care of some business. Emily and Brianna have been great at doing things for me, and I was going to transfer some money from my credit union account to Brianna's credit union account and have her take care of it for me. But, they've changed their policy and it can only be done over the phone if one of the people is on both accounts. So, since it needed to be handled today (and telling the person at the credit union that I was in and ICU room with a dying husband made no difference) I had to come home shortly after lunch. Bill was OK with it, but he was pretty dopy so I'm not really sure. I told him I didn't know if I would be back today or not. His nurse was an excellent one we've had before so I let her know and she said she would call if necessary. And, since there have been no calls, I guess things went well. I could always call to find out, but I do trust them to call as they have before.

His urine has cleared some, with only a small pink tinge to it now. To look at it in the collection bag, it just looks like it's really concentrated. I saw no doctors today at all, so I couldn't ask any questions or see what they were thinking. I'm hoping Travis came in after I left for therapy. Maggie was going to give him a bath. She said Bill had declined it with night shift. She knows how to handle him so he'll get his bath.

We were notified yesterday that there is/was a patient in the CVICU next to the transplant ICU who has tested positive for COVID-19. We were assured that the patient has been in isolation the entire time and there is no chance of infection. I'm not concerned about it. I'm more concerned about the flu.

When I checked the mail yesterday there was an envelope of Medicare EOBs. They don't come in small envelopes anymore and this one was for just Part B and was 150 pages! Plus, I got a smaller one today with both parts A and B. I'm glad we've also got Tri-care!

That's it for this one. I'll get a good report tomorrow. I'll have the nurse look at all the notes for me from today. I hated missing the doctors, but, a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do! The rain waited until I got home and it's a miserable night so I'm glad I decided not to go back. The cats have both been clingy tonight, taking turns on my lap and I'm getting the evil eye from Mouse because I have the laptop there now. Cat is behind me on the back of the loveseat patting me on top of my head for attention and Mouse is just waiting for my fingers to quit moving. Little do they know I'm going to hop in the shower as soon as I'm done, which is now! Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment