Wednesday, March 25, 2020

This should be the last post of the night. I'm staying at the hospital. Since I've only had about 3 hours sleep, 2 of them nearly 24 hours ago and a catnap this afternoon, I decided that I shouldn't try to make the drive home.

Bill is relatively stable again. He's been awake all day and his numbers have been good. He's still getting the meds to keep his heart rate stable and his blood pressure up, but they have been turned down to lower drips. They will continue to be adjusted as the need arises. He's also getting albumin to give a little volume and some half saline solution, which is normal saline with more water. He also has an IV antibiotic plus a nebulized one, in addition to his regular medicines and breathing treatments.

He seems to be a little agitated, and a little muddled. He keeps worrying with his hospital gown and all of his tubes and wires. I'm afraid he's going to pull his catheter or vent tubing out. The only solution would be to restrain him and no-one wants to do that So, I'm just staying as vigilant as I can until I have to sleep. He also doesn't really respond to questions, and it seems like it takes a longer time for him to process things. Watching him today, the way he was this morning, compared to the day, I've wondered if he was over medicated with his anxiety meds, which may have contributed to everything. It's just hard to say. I did suggest this to Tyler, his nurse, but she just shrugged it off.

His PICC line came out today. The nurse who put it in forgot to put the lock on it. So, another one had to be done. This one is good so far.

The urologist, Dr. Greenberg came in earlier this evening, asked a lot of questions, looked at the collection, asked more questions, and is going to schedule an abdominal CT. Depending on what that shows, he's talked about a scope. And it can be done bedside, in the OR, or when Bill gets out of the hospital, which most likely is not going to happen. But, we'll see what the CT shows first.

He did get his unit of blood this afternoon and they collected a stool sample to make sure nothing was going on there. 

That's about it for the day. It's been a long one and even though Frank will be in and out all night hanging and checking IVs, I do believe that I will be able to get some sleep. I am planning on going home tomorrow night to replenish meds and clothes while I can. And, of course, I'll keep you updated as needed.

Goodnight!


No comments:

Post a Comment