Thursday, March 26, 2020

Good Morning!

I didn't have too bad a night. The chair is not exactly comfortable (it is a recliner, just not padded much, and his nurse was very quiet. Bill was awake most of the night, so of course he's sleeping now and will probably want to all day!

All of his numbers stayed good through the night and at some point they removed the defibrilalator. I heard it beeping in the night and that gave me a start, but the room was dark and there wasn't anyone else in here, and then it stopped, so I don't know what the deal was. And, now it's gone.


The blood cultures drawn yesterday grew some gram positive bacteria. I don't know if that's the resistant kind or not. The stool culture also showed, I think I overheard staph from the nurses but not sure. So, daptomycin in addition to the merrem for antibiotics. They are drawing more cultures this morning and they have not been able to get all of it. They draw 2 bottles that have a medium of something from either the midline or PICC line, and then they have to draw the same 2 bottles from a different stick site. And because his veins are so fragile, they have a hard time. They've only been able to get one of the bottles, and they aren't sure they got enough in it. So, they are going to try again in a little bit. The others have already been sent off to the lab.

The fluids have caused his hematocrit to drop to 19, so he's going to get 2 units of blood. The first one is running now and is almost done. The other one has been ordered.

Dr. Sharma said that since he is stable again he wants to try CPAP again. So, Crystal is going to come back and switch him over in a bit. I still want to check on what meds he got on Tuesday night to make sure he wasn't just over medicated, causing the problem. All he got last night was the Seroquel and he stayed calm enough, just not sleepy. He did fidget with his gown a lot and still kept reaching for his catheter and vent tubing.

His left arm and hand are swollen today, so swollen that Sharon had to cut his arm band off that said one of his lines was a midline and not a PICC line.

Dr. Greenberger did not put in any orders or notes for the abdominal CT and the nurse has tried to call him, but wasn't able to reach him. So, I don't know what will come of that.

The only Dr. I've seen so far is Dr. Sharma. Hopefully the others, or their nurses will start to come before long.

I'm planning on going home tonight, unless Jennifer comes and says that I might not want to leave. In that case Emily will pick up clothes and meds and meet someone from the staff at the door and I'll just have to stay on lock-down. They've all told me I need to be put on payroll since I keep so many notes and can tell them when things happen. I tell them I just want an employee badge!

That's it for this morning. I'll update again later when I know more, or something happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment