Thursday, May 17, 2012

Bill was getting a little fussy when I left tonight. Nelson had to put a mitten on his right hand because he kept reaching for his feeding tube and trach tubes. This mitten looks like a gigantic boxing glove with mesh on one side. Right before I left he figured out how to push that hand up with his left hand! But, Nelson said if it gets him moving to let him go.

He had a bad spell trying to cough and started breathing too fast which set off all of the alarms. We finally got him calmed down and suctioned. His blood pressure had started to go up by late afternoon, early evening. It was still low but above 90 so Dr. Hosenpud decided to try some fluids to see if that helped.

We still don't have the results of the biopsy but I didn't expect to have them until tomorrow anyway. I think that if there had been a problem we would have known something so that meds could be adjusted.

It was pouring rain when I left tonight and I got totally sopping wet, even with an umbrella. It rained so hard that it soaked into my computer case. Luckily the computer didn't get too much water and still works, as you can tell!

Hopefully Bill will  have a peaceful night and not cause too much trouble for his nurse. I'm heading for bed myself before much longer. 5:30 comes early!

No comments:

Post a Comment