Wednesday, May 23, 2012

We didn't have as good a day today as yesterday. It started out well, Bill was awake and watching TV when I got there and he tapped on his head for his glasses. He was put in his chair early and after he napped, he was not as focused on anything.

Dr. Yip did downgrade him from critical and approved his move to the transplant, but there are no beds available so he is still in ICU.

Speech pathology came in this morning and deflated the trach collar and covered the hole to see if Bill would try to talk, but all he could do was cough violently. It was decided to try again tomorrow. His O2 sats are staying up for the most part and he is coughing. I guess it's just not enough.

He didn't want to cooperate with physical therapy either, and was sleeping every time occupational therapy came by. He did rouse up some this afternoon and watched a baseball game, but was never as fully aware as he was yesterday.

I've tried not to be too down about this. It's like something Mary Rose told me last week. This is like the Texas Two-Step, a couple steps forward and 1 back. So, hopefully he will be more cooperative tomorrow. I think I'm going to print some pictures of the grandkids and kids and see if he responds to them. He has listened to Mary Rose and Emily on the phone and really concentrated on them.

I also haven't felt real well today. My sinuses have been draining through my teeth and have had a toothache all day, along with my ear. I have some leftover antibiotics from a sinus infection and I'm going to take them. But I've been awake since a little before 4 this morning and I'm really getting tired.

All for tonight. Hopefully I'll have a better update for everyone tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment