Tuesday, May 22, 2012

We are having a great day so far! His O2 has been reduced again and he's tolerating it well. He's able to cough more now and bring the secretions to the trach and everything is clear now. Occupational therapy has been in an d working with him. He was able to raise his arms andd move his shoulders, although he did it more after she quit working with him, so it was all on his own! And, it's almost chair time again!

Dr. Yip is pleased enough with his progress that we may get to move to the transplant floor tomorrow. We've been in this same room since May 2 when he was admitted for the transplant. So, a little change of scenery for him and we get to see our "old" friends. The nurses have been asking about him, wondering when he was going to get downstairs.

I was given a list of rehab facilities yesterday because he is going to need a lot of rehab. Unless he surprises everyone and wakes up one day and says hi. Of course since I don't know anything about the area, it's going to be tough to decide on a place.

Some of you have been asking Emily how I'm doing since I don't post much on here about me. I'm hanging in, good days and bad. Sometimes it's really hard to see him not responding to anything or anyone. The days he is awake and aware are good days. I have made some friends here and they have been wonderful to keep checking in with me. I also go to the support group meetings and they have been wonderful, too. I've cried on their shoulders and we've celebrated all of his little victories together. I do appreciate all of the comments here, the facebook messages, comments and "likes". I know that not only are you concerned about Bill and his progress, but me too. Thanks for all the prayers and good thoughts for both of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment