Wednesday, May 16, 2012

This has been a busy busy day so far. Bill responded more today, opening his eyes and trying to communicate with me. I think he was trying to find out what all the tubes were for since he kept raising his hands and circling them.

The trach has been done and he's doing fine. He's able to open and close his mouth and is doing some breathing through his nose. He's still sedated some but Nelson his nurse said he will be waking him up soon.

The feeding tube still won't flush, even though it is a new tube and the x-ray showed that the positioning was good. So, in about an hour they are going to take him to radiology to see what's wrong with it. Hopefully he'll start waking up enough to start mouth feedings.

An echo of the heart was also done and although I don't know any results from that it was beating away on the screen. I don't know when, or if, I will get results of that. It may not be until tomorrow morning when Dr. Hosenpud comes around. He usually doesn't round in the afternoons.

I feel much better today than yesterday, even though I didn't sleep well last night. Just seeing those blue eyes looking at me this morning made a difference!

As soon as I hear anything this afternoon I'll get it posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment