Sunday, May 6, 2012

Good morning! I was a bad girl again this morning and snuck out by myself. But, this morning in a better frame of mind than yesterday. This may not be a full report since they were still deciding some things.

Bill had a good night. No major changes were made. They were able to stop one of the blood pressure meds and he did not need any blood during the night. The paralytic drug was stopped this morning and the sedation was eased. So far when he's been around his feet and legs he has moved his legs, but there was no upper extremity movement. Dr. Patel told me that he was ok with that. The cause for concern would come if one complete side, upper and lower, did not respond.

The pulsation in the heart, heartbeats, are stronger and they have begun to feel some pulses. Nikki was marking his ankles while I was there to show where she felt the pulse. The pumps are going to be adjusted a little because he is starting to show some congestion on xray and we definitely don't need pneumonia or something else starting up.

He's still pink, although I thought he looked a little deeper red around his face. But, since I wasn't able to get closer to the bed this morning it could have just been the way the light was shining from my view.

The plan as I understand it is to let him rest again today and play some with pump speeds and drugs. The CT and TEE are still scheduled for tomorrow at this time. So, that's it until I hear more from Dr. Patel.

No comments:

Post a Comment