Friday, May 4, 2012

Good morning everyone! First of all, I want to thank everyone for all of your prayers, comments, and social media posts requesting that your friends pray for us. I was told yesterday that a worldwide organization was contacted with a prayer request for Bill, and I've seen Facebook posts from friends and family requesting prayer. Also, many churches have added him to their prayer lists, even just hearing about the problem through casual conversation...all denominations...all colors...all creeds. God is indeed good!

We saw Bill for a few minutes again last night. His color was better than it had been when I saw him in the afternoon. His vital signs were still stable and Dr. Patel was still decreasing some of the medications for his blood pressure which was staying exactly where he wanted. He is depleting his potassium for some reason. The dr. mentioned that it could be from the anesthetic so they are giving him massive amounts of that.

The plan today is for a team of drs., all of the cardiologists and surgeons to meet, with I'm sure lots of others, to see what a plan of action will be. There may also be a neurology consult to see what kind of tests can be done to check for brain function that are non-invasive and can be done with the sedation. Dr. Patel said they would then determine when to raise the level of sedation to see if he can follow simple commands. There has also been some bleeding, but he's on massive blood thinners.So he's being given blood. But the chest tubes are draining it and it is only a mild concern.

I slept well last night and Harris and Beth took away my computer and cell phone so that I wouldn't be tempted! Beth is also awake and we will start moving around to get to the hospital. Emily and Bryan are in Tallahassee and should be hitting the road before long.

As soon as I get a report from the dr. I'll update you. Hopefully today we will get some good news!

No comments:

Post a Comment