Sunday, May 13, 2012

Very quiet day today. Bill has slept most of the day but he did squeeze Dr. Hosenpud's had this morning and Lindsay's this afternoon. He's been coughing up a lot of phelgm and has had to be suctioned a lot. He's still breathing on his own with the vent in place. Last night they did start it again just for some support through the night and may do it again tonight. Hopefully they will be able to remove it tomorrow. It may have to be removed before the MRI can be done. Earlier this afternoon while he was sleeping he managed to slowly raise his left arm and put it across his stomach. This was quite a feat since all he had been doing was maise it a little and turn it some.

The nurses brought a happy face balloon in today. I don't know if it's a get well balloon for him or a mother's day balloon for me. Some of the rooms had them and some didn't. Whichever it is, I've tied it to the back of the chair and we can share it.

I walked outside today and sat at the lake and watched the alligator for awhile. Yes, I said alligator. I don't know just how big it is since all I can see is its head. Lindsay said that when it reaches a certain size the game people will come in and catch it and take it somewhere else. But, it's kinda neat to see.

It's been cloudy all day and starting to look more like rain, so I will probably leave before long so I can get home before it rains. I haven't heard anything from Harris and Beth so will assume they go home yesterday. All of the ones who came are back home now and I appreciate all of them for coming.They were a huge help during the worst of this process and held me together. But, since things are in a holding pattern now, and it's not a dire situation any more, I told them it was okay to leave. If they need to come back they will.

All for today. I'll let everyone know when they do the MRI. They still have to figure out how to compensate for the pacer wire that was left in, and remove the external pacer that was used during the surgery. I'm also supposed to meet with the Mayo Specialty Pharmace tomorrow to go over his rejection meds and the process for receiving them.

No comments:

Post a Comment