Saturday, May 12, 2012

Good morning! After a fairly good night's sleep it's been an eventful morning at the hospital! The line is Bill's neck was removed last night and this morning the vent was stopped. He's breathing entirely on his own with only O2 support from the vent. Mark just told me that his blood gases look good so maybe they can remove the vent before long.

He's still only responding by looking at you, but he's been tracking better this morning with both eyes. His right eye seems to be lazier than the left but he opened both of them and looked at me this morning.

There was some excitement in the complex last night, fire trucks and ambulance. They went into the stairwell next to mine and that's all I know, but red lights flashing and noise from those big diesel engines woke me up! I hope whatever was wrong was seen to soon enough and everything will be ok for whoever it was.

I'll update more later when we know what's going to happen with the vent. All of the docs today have said it will just take time. The MRI is scheduled for Monday and that will tell us more.

No comments:

Post a Comment