Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Things have been pushed back again. The new time may be 12:30. The donor is in Miami and the last update we got was that they had not started to harvest the organs. Then it is an hour flight time and then 20 minutes drive time. They try to time it so that Bill's heart is removed as the new heart is being brought into the OR.

I will be updated when they make the incision, when he goes on bypass and when the new heart is implanted and beating. After that I won't get any more calls and will talk to the drs when it is over.

We're both holding up and my friend is here with me now and plans on staying all night so that I won't be alone. It's her way of saying thanks for me sitting with her during her husband's LVAD implant.

I'll update again when they take him and whenever I get updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment