Thursday, May 17, 2012

Talked to Dr. Hosenpud a few minutes and the CT scan showed no changes from the last one, so we know there have been no new bleeds. He's been back from the tests for about an hour and a half and is finally resting comfortably. He's been having some funny rhythms for a little while, and his blood pressure is still low. His nurse doesn't have any other patients for the rest of the shift so that he can devote all of his time with him. He told me that he feels like he neglected him yesterday. His care yesterday was excellent and I told him that.

I don't know when I will get the results of the biopsy. That may be tomorrow when Dr. Yip takes over rounds for the week. I like it that the drs. rotate like they do. All of the drs. see all of the patients so that they are familiar with each one.

We've been going over the medications that he will be on and I have to start charting them. So, we're going to work on that this afternoon. Since we had to keep track of things with the LVAD, it's not going to be hard to do this, just a new chart to get used to.

We have finally gotten some rain here. It has rained most of the week and been very humid. I had forgetten what damp, humid air does to me and I've had to use my inhaler the past few days. Of course, falling asleep with the porch door open during a thunderstorm didn't help. Nor did going out yesterday in the rain to the post office. Today I haven't left the hospital and I hope to stay until it's time to go home. The rain is supposed to be gone by late this afternoon so maybe it won't be too bad when I leave.

Again, all for now. I'll update at least once more tonight, and if we get the biopsy results today, I'll get that passed along too.

No comments:

Post a Comment