Saturday, May 19, 2012

Good Morning!

Nothing had really changed from the last post when I left the hospital last night except that Dr. "Phillip" one of the lung docs got Bill to really wake up by yelling at him. He focused on everyone and responded to some commands...and then...he smiled! It wasn't much of one, but it was a deliberate little grin. He also squeezed my hand when I told him I loved him.

This morning he was awake when I got to the hospital and really focusing on me. I turned the tv to the news and put his glasses on him and he stayed awake. He was moving all parts, arms and legs and shrugged his shoulder and moved his head so I got them to turn him. They discovered that his rectal tube had come out and he was a total mess, no wonder he was squirming! So got him cleaned up and his bed changed.

Dr. Agnew and his tech Tom came in and another chest tube may come out today. He was also taken back off the vent and put onto the O2 through the trach. Phillip (don't know his last name, he was introduced as Phillip) said his lungs sound fine, but the respiratory tech got a lot of junk out so they may scope him this afternoon just to see what's going on.

I talked to Dr. Yip in the hallway but he hadn't seen him before I left. Yes, I have left him alone to do some things like laundry and grocery shopping and just picking this place up some. I'll go back later this afternoon and stay a little longer this evening.

He did have an episode of rapid heart beat before left just as his nurse came in with his meds. She said it looked like V-tach, which is what we lived with before the transplant and the LVAD. But, he came out of it quite fast. I'm sure Dr. Yip will keep an eye on it. His electrolytes were a little low, but not in the danger zone so they were going to replace those today.

So, I have one load of clothes in the wash and the rest are sorted. When these go in the dryer and I start the next one, I'll head to the grocery store.

I'll let you know tonight how the rest of his day went. It was actually very hard to leave the computer home this morning but I knew if I took it I would end up staying which would just put everything off another day.

2 comments:

  1. Well it all sounds like he is slowly improving. Loved the part of the Lung Dr. yelling at Bill and his grin. I am sure Dr. Yip will keep that V Tach under control.

    So appreciate you keeping us updated through your blog. Our church is praying for you and Bill.

    Love to you both!
    Linda and Bro.Gib

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda and Gib, and thank your church for us. Churches all over the world have prayed for us, and we know that those prayers are being answered.

      Love you guys!

      Delete