Thursday, May 24, 2012

Getting ready to head home for the night. All in all he's had a decent day. He decided that he was not going to cooperate with therapy of any kind so we had to have a talk about that. I feel like I'm dealing with a small child at times but he will just ignore the therapists.

After the last ones left I told him he needed to work with them if he wanted to go home, and they were such pretty girls, too. That got me Cheshire cat grin! Shortly after that he pretended to close his eyes and when I told him he was a big faker I got a huge "silent" laugh! It was so good to see that expression on his face!

He's been coughing a lot more today and getting his lungs clearer so that, even though he still has to be suctioned, he's getting more and more up himself. He did tell me that he wanted to be back upstairs instead of down here. I don't know if he's worried that he'll be left alone too much or what. It is a little unsettling since we have to keep the door closed on this floor and the ICU rooms are all glass. But, we shall see how the night goes. I've been assured that they will continue to come in and turn him every 2 hours, even though there is a sign not to disturb between 11 pm and 5 am. So, we shall see what tomorrow brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment