Monday, May 7, 2012

We are having a fantastic day today! His heart rate is staying in the mid 70s and the darker flushing we saw yesterday has calmed down and he's just nicely pink and cool again.

The echo was done this morning and it showed that the left ventricle is very strong. This is the one that pushes the blood to the body. The right one is much weaker, but Dr. Patel said that sometimes this happens and the right side recovers slower.

The plan now is to go back to surgery tomorrow and remove at least the left pump. They haven't decided about the right one yet. They may try to take it off and see what happens. If they can take it off they will go ahead and close the chest. If he has problems, they may implant a VAD on the right side and I'm not sure if this will be permanent or just temporary. They will also do the CT at the same time as far as I know.

He had his eyes open when I saw him last and he responded to us which made all of us feel good! His nurse this morning is one that he's had before and she is wonderful.

When we know what time the surgery will be I'll post it. And I will let you know this evening how the rest of the day goes.

I knew that I really like Dr. Patel and now I know why...he's a CUBS fan!

No comments:

Post a Comment