Sunday, May 27, 2012

It's been a good day again today, but not as good as yesterday. Physical therapy came in and he sat on the edge of the bed again and managed to raise his arm to the railing to steady himself. But, that completely wiped him out and he wasn't very responsive this afternoon.

Dr. Patel said this morning that he thought by the end of 3 months he would be OK. He did order some blood for him late this afternoon to see if that would help his blood pressure some. His numbers were OK, but he said it wouldn't hurt to have the blood. The plan for this week is try to get his trach covered so that he can breathe in through it but not out and then he will be able to talk. He's been trying to mouth words some but it's hard to do without using your vocal chords.

Beryl's leading edge has come ashore although the eye is still 70 miles out. We're getting some horizontal rain and the wind can't decide which direction it's going to come from. The helipad is directly below our room and the windsock was blown down about an hour ago. I've walked the halls to get different views of the clouds and rain. Anyone who knows me well knows that it's killing me to be inside during this. I've wanted to be at the beach all day to see the surf. I did go outside for a few minutes this afternoon before the rain started to feel the wind.

I'm staying at the hospital tonight. We're supposed to get 10-15 inches of rain and the mayor of Jacksonville has declared a state of emergency. I brought a couple of changes of clothes and I have enough of my meds to get me through a couple of days. We shall just play it by ear.

All for tonight. Bill is sleeping and I don't think anything will happen tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment