Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Praise the Lord! The fantastic day kept getting better and better! Bill winked at me this morning, and he usually reserves his winks for Emily! He also gave me a couple of grins. Brianna texted that she got all A's and he gave a thumbs up! He touched his feeding tube and his oxygen tube to ask what they were and then tapped the side of his head to show that he wanted his glasses back on! When Peggy, our nurse, asked if he was in pain he, very slowly but very deliberately, shook his head no! He didn't have to be suctioned much today and was coughing quite a bit clearing his lungs. So it looks like we may get to head down to the transplant floor tomorrow!

I suppose you can tell that I'm extremely happy and relieved. I came home early, saw Dr. Yip just as I was leaving, and took myself out to dinner. I haven't been this relaxed since May 1! I bet I sleep really good tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment