Monday, May 21, 2012

We have had a so-so day. He's been more responsive as far as being awake, but he doesn't want to squeeze fingers or move his feet. I think it's just a matter of being cranky. He looked at me first thing this morning and then looked immediately away. He came around after awhile, though.

Half of his staples have come out and the other half should be out by the end of the week. There is one incision that is still seeping some so they want to leave that one a little longer. The lung docs are only going to follow him every other day now. And by the way, Philip is Dr. Lohman!

Physical Therapy came in this afternoon when he was really sleepy and tried to get him to sit on the side of the bed, but he wouldn't cooperate, wouldn't even hold his head up. But, as soon as he was put in his cardiac chair, he held his head just as straight as could be. I saw one of the therapists walk by and had him come in and look for himself because I knew they wouldn't believe me! They're going to come tomorrow and hopefully catch up when he's more awake.

I rested pretty well last night but woke up this morning with a pretty bad headache. It's mostly sinuses but has gone away some. And, for those of you wondering, the tropical storm is going to move away from us. We were issued a hurricane statement, just a reminder that the season begins in a couple of weeks and to have a hurricane plan in place. I guess our plan, should one come really soon, will be to be at Mayo. It's probably a pretty safe place to be.

All for today. I will probably leave before long since I've seen the dr. twice today. They've apparently done an LVAD implant since I saw that team heading to a room on the unit and Dr. Yip will be more concerned with that patient unless something goes awry.

No comments:

Post a Comment