Monday, May 14, 2012

Didn't get the MRI done today. I don't know what the hold-up is and the nurse didn't know anything either. Bill became totally unresponsive this afternoon which was starting to really concern us. I started just talking to him continually and trying to wake him. Occasionally he would move his eyes but not his arms or legs.

When the nurses started to turn him they discovered that his feeding tube had leaked some and while they were cleaning that up she decided to flush his rectal tube. I had noticed that his output had not been as much as the last couple of days. Turns out it was blocked and when it was flushed it really started going. As those of you who know Bill we've all said he was full of...well you get the picture. After they got him settled again, we washed his eyes and he started to wake up. Finally opened both eyes wide and looked at me. He was moving his right shoulder and holding his head up straight and held my hand. He was holding so tight that I thought my finger was going to fall off, but I wasn't going to say anything to him about it! I think he's in some pain now but I don't think they can give him anything that won't semi-sedate him.

He had an episode of v-tach which would be normal if it was his old heart. The nurse was waiting for the dr to call her back when I left. He's also low on calcium, potassium and vitamin K so he was going to get all of those tonight.  If any of you are wondering why I left without speaking to the dr about the v-tach, it's because the nurses didn't know if or when he would get back with them. He may order some amiodorone which Bill has taken before to regulate rhythms.

All in all it was a very trying day and I'm really tired tonight. We're having a little thunderstorm this everning and I have the porch door open listening to the thunder and rain. I made it home in between showers so it can pour all it wants.

I'll let everyone know what the plan is as soon as I know it myself. Goodnight everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment